Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hobbies and more hobbies!

So I have to admit, I really wish I had more time to blog and journal about so much and I try my hardest to make these "blog goals" and well if you are reading this (if there is really anybody out there reading my blog) You've already noticed how guilty I am of not following through with keeping things updated. :)

Life is crazy as usual, with too much to do and not enough time to get it all done in.
Nate and Desi both have started school, which has put us back into routine of things and keeps us focused! School time is good it is a check back into what we want to accomplish and where we are headed. Things take time, but they are worth it if we are patient and stick it out.

There was a point in time a few years ago, when I felt like I had absolutely no hobbies. And believe it or not there was a time I even actually cried about it because I felt like I had no life or something.. I know, pathetic huh? Just be good you're not married to me! :) hee hee, Nate's had an earfull of my emotions I am sure! :)

But I am really excited about the things I have really involved myself in and it amazing how good it feels to accomplish things!
I have recently started Couponing! And believe it or not, I LOVE IT! it is becoming a hobby (almost). I look forward to saving money whenever I can and organizing my HUGE binder, and yes I DO carry that thing with me when I shop! Because I hate the feeling of going to the store to buy something full price when I know darn well I had a stinkin coupon for it at home!

I have so far had great success and found myself hungry to learn more about it because I am actually saving! And can you say, "HELLO FOOD STORAGE!" I have started to build my food storage even! And I have even used the items too!! They have come very handy at a couple of our recent gatherings. And I was even able to give my neighbor a whole loaf of bread, when she only needed a slice! because I got it for so cheap, that I found myself actually being a little charitable! It felt soo good too!

Geneology has been a recent spark that just one day burst from my heart! I can't stop thinking about it! It is almost like old lost treasure or something... We spent some time at Nate's families house reading about his great grandparents and looked through old photos. It was so AWESOME! And fun! and I can't wait to learn more. I will definitely be occupying more time on finding more about my family as well!

Scentsy has been a ton of fun too! I have met so many fun people and have had an opportunity to find something in common with friends and neighbors and it has been a blast to get to know people, besides the fact that I am absolutely obsessed with making my house smell good!!! And it is funny how now I notice the first sniff into others houses too, hee hee. It is funny how everyone smells different and everyone has their own scent. Have you ever noticed that? I wonder what my house smells like? Hopefully good and clean.:)

With all of these fun things to occupying my time, now I am finding I need more space! So, instead of indulging myself into more debt with a new house, We are cleaning out some closets and condensing some of our "junk" to allow ourselves a little more room to grow and enjoy these things! I can't wait to declutter! and get some stuff in a yard sale!

5 comments:

Piper said...

Decluttering is a good hobby too! I LOVE a good PURGE. And I too believe that family pictures and history is the greatest treasure. Good for you Am!

Tyson and Angela said...

I am still one who checks your blog to see what you have been up to! It sure does sound like you are doing some awesome stuff! I would love to get into couponing...and ways to make my house smell good too!! :) Got any deals with Scentsy? I would be interested!

Amber Feller said...

Hey Ang,
Check out my Scentsy website at www.scentsy.com/amberfeller
Call or email me what you like :)

Unknown said...

Couponing really is a hobby. And one that shows direct results with your money. I love it!

Robert and Sandy Kidd said...

Amber I am going to check out your scentsy site also. I need some more good smelling stuff also. Love ya!