Friday, October 12, 2007

October Already???

It has been awhile.. sorry. I don't have any good excuses like I've been too busy or anything. I have simply been contemplating on what to blog about. I need to be better at taking pictures that is for sure.
Lately, we have just been at the same routine day after day. I'm sure you know how it goes. Wake up go to work, eat dinner, clean house and go to bed. I am definitely ready for a break!
I can't believe it is already October! Wow this year has flown by!
We went and bought a small pumpkin for Desi and HOLY COW! she loved it! she was carrying this pumpkin around everywhere. She called it her "baby". She was wrapping it in blankets, giving it a bath in the bathroom sink and pretend feeding it. There was even a day taking her to Nate's sisters (where she gets watched during the day)she had to bring her "baby" with her. I tried talking her into getting one of her dolls and taking it along with her, but with no such luck. So off with went with the pumpkin in hand. Sadly, to say a few days later I went to go pick up the pumpkin from the top stump and it Broke Off! I felt so bad! I had to figure out a way to keep it from Desi, so she wouldn't be upset. Thoughts ran my mind like "Where's the super glue?" and "Where can I hide it?" For the time being, I just set it up high on our entertainment center and carefully set the stump on top of the pumpkin in place. Luckily, Desi hasn't even mentioned it and I am surprised she hasn't even asked to play with it. We'll see how it goes when she finds out.

4 comments:

Piper said...

Yipes! You killed the pumpkin? what about using a toothpick stuck in between to keep it on? Love you, miss you!

Selfieprotection said...

That is so funny. my girls right now do the funniest thing they take what ever they have (example. pen,fake witch finger, carrot sticks)and they both start talking with each other and pretend they are people, they'll say mommy mommy(not to me)can I go to the park or something like that. they played for like an hour the other day with their carrot sticks. Weird,but fuuny.

Marlin, Becky & Josh said...

I sure hope that you are archiving your "Desi-isms". One day you'll be able to blackmail her with them (lol)... It's definitely true what they say, kids do the darndest things.

Amber Feller said...

Lisa that is hilarious! your girls are adorable. Desi talks to her toys all the time. I love to see and hear her imagination.